Good Ove Lind.
I'm not a farrier. I'm not a veterinarian. I don't use any fancy titles.
So why should you even waste your valuable time listening to me?
Good question really.
- Maybe because I'm not that different from you.
- Maybe it is because I have something very important to tell you.
- Maybe because I don't accept tradition or politics as reasons to keep doing wrong.
- Maybe it is just because I have done so many mistakes that I don't want you to have to duplicate.
- Maybe it is because I believe that you deserve logical and easy to understand explanations to how things work.
- Maybe it is because what I say can change your life and make you see your horse in a completely new light.
- Or maybe it just because you want to know even more about horses and hooves.
I believe 60 million years of horse evolution is worth more than thousand years of human experience (of which we have forgotten most). If you have an open mind I will have you understand why most fatal hoof complications are man made, totally unnecessary and fairly easy to rehabilitate. I will give you logical explanations to everything I claim and I will explain it in a way that you and everybody else can understand.
A vice man named Buddha once said:
"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and it is conductive to the good and benefit one and all, then accept it and live up to it."
What I do have is:
- Been years of experimenting with horses eating habbits since 1996.
- Very successful professional hoof rehabilitation experience since 2002.
- Four years of intense hoof research.
- Given I don't know how many clinics and dissected over 1000 hooves.
- Given over hundreds of theoretical lectures on hoof function for Swedish horse owners, farreriers and veterinarians.
- Educated over 2300 Swedish horse owners to do an exelent maintenance trim on their barefooted horses.
- A habit of rehabilitating horses with coffin bone rotation, distal decent, laminitis, hoof cracks and flared and assymetric hooves.
- Titles, but who cares it is not important (don't listen to titles, listen to logical reasoning).
I also strongly believe that if we start altering with nature we must be very cautious. There is a meaning to why natural things are like they are. They probably work best that way and those who didn't look that way have been dead for long. But still, just because you can find it naturally doesn't mean it is perfect.
What I do understand is that all and every single horse hoof has its own natural shape and as soon as we change that we are creating problems.
What I don't understand is why people still put down horses for coffin bone rotation, distal descent and laminitis when they are so easy to rehabilitate if you understand what really has happend.